Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Where has all the staffing gone?

The Penny Dreadfuls are getting ready for a big change. The Captain, Whisper, and Rapture are about to head out in an RV to spend their days traveling around being street performers and attending cons. Jealousy is rearing its big ugly head inside of my stomach. This is fine by me because I have plenty of other things to keep me occupied. At least I thought I did.

As Proprietor of AirshipEntertainment it is my job to promote our group and get our name out so we can be invited to cons and such. Well let me tell you, it is hard to do that when you don't have any staff backing you up. It is even harder when you don't have any crew backing you up. (Crew = Family, Staff = Everyone Else)

I thought I had two staff members who could ultimately become crew. We were attending cons together, doing online promotional things, working together to further our goals. So wrong! They could care less. They want me to do all the work and spoon-feed them the success. Both are selfish to the point where they forget everything unless it pertains to themselves, and I can't get a word in because it is difficult as all hell to have a conversation with them because they will either forget it or blab on about themselves. Actions need to be taken to fix this problem. What am I to do? Normally I would just fall into the haze and let my staff members work this out, but that clearly won't work. Speaking of which my haze time has been greatly decreased and I am getting super cranky. I am contemplating firing everyone and starting over from scratch. I have a potential in the works, just waiting to hear back from him on whether or not he will accept the position.

Being the boss is supposed to be fun and yet it is losing its thrill.
BRING ON THE HAZE!

No comments:

Post a Comment